Pediatric & Family Dentistry
Dental Care Services for Clemmons, NC & Beyond
At Winston Smiles, our pediatric and family dentistry office is proud to offer all kinds of dental care services to individuals and families throughout the Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Pfafftown, Lewisville, Walkertown, Lexington, and Wallburg, NC area. From dental crowns and bridges to dentures and tooth extractions, we can do it all. Are you experiencing issues with your mouth and need immediate care? We are also one of the premier emergency dentists in the region. Our team can assist you with any immediate help you might need. If you are unsure of what kind of dental procedure you might be looking for, feel free to contact us and one of our professionals can answer any question you may have.
We understand that you have a lot on your plate. Running between sports practices, dance classes, work, school, and more can be a challenge. While other offices are specific to certain audiences, our office serves the whole family, making it a convenient option for you. From checkups, x-rays, and teeth cleanings to composite restorations, implant crowns, dental bridges, let us help you with your dental needs. Our family dentistry team helps you maintain regularly scheduled appointments for your whole family. Contact our office today to learn more about our services!
We are the Area’s Go to Family Dentistry
Below you will find some of the general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry services we offer, to learn more, click on the links below or just give us a call today to schedule an appointment!
- Dental Crowns
- You may need dental crowns if you have any teeth that are damaged or decayed.
- A crown is a permanently attached artificial tooth that sits on an implant in your mouth. It looks and functions exactly as a real tooth would; you will be able to brush it as normal.
- If a dental crown is necessary, your dentist will remove the damaged tooth and replace it with an implant and crown. This allows your bite and smile to remain the same.
- Dental Bridges
- You may need dental bridges if you have any missing teeth.
- A dental bridge is an artificial tooth that is attached to adjacent teeth. Bridges can be attached or removable.
- Dental Implants
- You may need dental implants if you have any missing teeth.
- A dental implant is an artificial implant that is inserted in your gum and holds a crown or bridge. It helps prevent teeth from moving into the blank space where a tooth is missing, preserving your bite and your smile.
- Implant Retained Dentures
- You may need implant retained dentures if you are missing all of your upper row of teeth or all of your lower row of teeth.
- This type of denture is designed to replace an entire row of teeth. Specific options will vary depending on your circumstances; in most cases, you will receive a set of implants that the dentures can then “snap” into. You will then be able to remove the dentures for cleaning and adjustments.
- You may need All-on-4 if you are missing a row of teeth and would like a more permanent replacement.
- An All-on-4 procedure is a state-of-the-art procedure that attaches a prostheses to four implants in your mouth. It’s a more secure way to replace teeth, allowing you to chew and speak normally without worry.
- Composite Restorations
- You may need a composite restoration if you have a tooth that is partially broken and needs repair, or if you have a cavity that needs to be filled.
- Dental Sealants
- You may need dental sealants if you are looking to prevent tooth decay.
- Root Canal Therapy
- Root canals remove damaged tooth pulp and replace it with artificial pulp. This allows you to keep your tooth.
- You may need a root canal if any of your teeth are sensitive to temperature, if you have tooth or gum pain, or if there is swelling around the tooth.
- Tooth Extractions
- You may need a tooth extraction if you have a tooth that is severely decayed or if your tooth is broken in a way that cannot be repaired.
- Some patients require tooth extractions to improve alignment as part of an orthodontic plan.
- Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas)
- You may need nitrous oxide if you plan on visiting us for certain dental services that could potentially be painful.
- Nitrous oxide is appropriate for procedures such as tooth removal. In most cases, the patient retains consciousness and all control of bodily functions.
- TMJ Therapy
- You may need TMJ therapy if you have developed a TMJ disorder from clenching or grinding your teeth too often. Excessive jaw clenching or grinding can damage your teeth, jaw, and gums.
- Sleep Apnea
- If you have sleep apnea, we offer many forms of treatment to help make your night’s sleep more comfortable.
- Sleep apnea is a condition that affects your ability to breathe during sleep. This condition increases your risk of congestive heart failure and other conditions. Many apnea patients snore heavily, creating additional difficulties for partners and roommates. Certain corrective procedures or devices at the dental level can help you maintain a good night’s sleep and eliminate your snoring, allowing your loved ones some relief as well.
- Sedation Dentistry
- You may need a dentist who practices sedation dentistry if you need to have a dental procedure done that may take a few hours.
- Sedation dentistry helps keep children and anxious patients calm through long procedures.
- There are multiple types of sedation available, each designed to affect the patient differently. The type of sedation used will depend on your medical history, your circumstances, and the procedure.
- You may need dentures if you have lost several teeth.
- Full or partial dentures are wonderful, natural-looking replacements for lost teeth. We will fit them to you so that they remain in place so that you can eat, speak, and smile naturally.
Contact our Family Dentistry Practice to Schedule an Appointment
If you’re interested in learning more about our modern capabilities, don’t waste another moment. Simply reach out to one of our knowledgeable representatives today! The qualified staff members at Winston Smiles are always standing by to provide a bit of helpful information. Whether you would like to schedule an appointment for family dentistry or you’re in need of cosmetic dentistry assistance, our experienced team has got you covered every step of the way.